ZYLtech ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) is the perfect combination of both quality and affordable 3D printer filament. Makers do not need to sacrifice quality prints in order to save a few bucks!
ZYLtech ABS is one of the most widely used 3D printing filament. Best for making sturdy and durable parts that need to withstand higher temperatures, ABS is a great addition to any workplace - whether it’s your office, construction site, workbench or classroom, ABS can integrate into any maker’s projects. ZYLtech filaments include PLA, PLA Composites, ABS, PETG, TPU, and HIPS. If you’re a beginner with a limited budget, or an additive manufacturer looking to save on production costs, ZYLtech ABS is the go-to filament to finish any job.
3D printed parts made with ABS filament tend to be more flexible and less liable to shatter than those made with PLA filament. ABS printed parts can go through an acetone vapor bath to provide a smooth and glossy look that eliminates layer lines. A heated bed must be used when printing with ABS 3D printer filament, as it contracts or shrinks when it cools, which can cause warping. Building an enclosure for your printer or using a fully enclosed 3D printer will provide cleaner ABS prints. All ZYLtech filament is sealed with desiccant for storage and freshness.
Use cases for ABS filament over PLA:
Strength and Durability Greater Than PLA
ZYLtech's ABS 3D printer filament is formulated specifically for strength and durability. ABS filament is a great and affordable choice for functional prints and products intended for outdoor use.
More heat and chemical resistant
ABS has a significantly higher Glass Transition Temperature (around 230°F vs PLA’s 130°F) which makes it a great choice for parts intended for outdoor use!
ZYLtech’s ABS 3d printer filament is offered at a more affordable price than PLA and PETG so you can print more for less!
ABS is an altogether different material than PLA and thus has different physical characteristics. ABS colors tend to produce a more matte finish than PLA. This makes for even more variety and creativity in your 3D print designs!
Zyltech filament is all about reliability. When you need a stronger and more durable functional part, you need to know you are printing with a material you can trust and depend on. ZYLtech’s #1 goal is to provide you with the most reliable and the strongest 3D printer filament at the best price possible.
Zyltech ABS 3D printter filament is meticulously tested for quality and consistency. We use top quality US based raw materials and additives for reliable results time after time. Our 1.75mm ABS filament tolerances of ±.05mm make for steady feed rates and reliable extrusion on both Bowden and Direct Drive setups!
It's important to us here at ZYLtech that all of our 3d printer filaments have consistent and reliable color in each and every roll that comes off the production floor. Our chemist and quality control department work closely to ensure that our formulas produce reliably reproducible results every time.
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Tolerance: ±.05mm
- Density: 1.03 g/cm³
- Appx Length on Spool: 327 meters
- Spool Dimensions:
- Outer Dimension of Spool: 11.5" x 6"
- Inner Hole Diameter: 32mm
- Recommended Temps:
- Print Temperature: 240±10°C
- Heated Bed Temp: 100°C
- Recommended Build Surface:
- Microporous Coated Glass
- Painters Tape
- Glue Stick or Hairspray on Glass (use caution with adhesives as ABS may adhere very well)
Pro Tips from the ZYLtech Print Lab:
- Leveling for ABS filament:
- If you use the paper method to level, we usually suggest leveling as you would for PLA then setting a Z offset of appx .35mm. There are also a variety of ABS slurries/bed adhesion products that can help with getting that perfect first layer.
- First Layer Adherence:
- ABS typically is printed with no cooling fan. Your use case may vary.
- Layer Adhesion:
- ABS 3d printer filament will adhere to itself more efficiently when printed with little to no parts cooling fan. If you are working with fine detail or bridging, you will have to experiment with parts cooling fan settings for best results.
- Stringing and retraction:
- ABS and PLA typically require similar retraction settings. You will need to experiment with stringing and retraction test models to dial in your machine’s settings.
Why Choose ZYLtech?
- Affordable Quality
- ZYLtech strives to provide our customers with the highest quality 3d printer filament at the most affordable price.
- Fast US Based Shipping
- All of your products are packaged and shipped directly to you from our facility in Houston, Tx.
- Amazing In House Customer Support
- You'll experience great sales, customer service and technical support directly from our in house team. We truly care about our customers and appreciate each of you! We're here 5 days a week and are ready to help you any way we can!
- All of ZYLtech's products are supported by our friendly, in-house team based in Houston, Tx. If you ever have questions about products or need support on a project, the ZYLtech family is here to help!
- Single Source Manufacturing
- All of ZYLtech's 3d printer filament is sourced from a single manufacturing facility so you can expect consistency and reliability roll after roll.