Black/White ABS - 5 Kg Spool
Go Texas Sized and Save!
Our Texas Sized rolls will save you approximately 12% over buying 5 separate spools!
Why ZYLtech’s ABS 5kg Rolls?
ZYLtech's 5kg rolls are ideal for:
- Stress-free Long Prints
- No more worrying about running out of or having to change filament when you’re printing those large format or long print jobs!
- Perfect for bulk or continuous product manufacturing
- Ideal for continuous manufacturing, print farm.
- Waste Reduction
- Reduce Spool waste by over 25% with one 5kg spool vs five 1kg spools.
- Time Efficiency
- Time efficiency is key during production! No more changing out those 1kg spools!
*Utilize our 5kg Spool Holder for smooth and controllable pull from your 5kg Spools.
Use cases for ABS filament over PLA:
· Strength and Durability Greater Than PLA
ZYLtech's ABS 3D printer filament is formulated specifically for strength and durability. ABS filament is a great and affordable choice for functional prints and products intended for outdoor use.
· More heat and chemical resistant
ABS has a significantly higher Glass Transition Temperature (around 230°F vs PLA’s 130°F) which makes it a great choice for parts intended for outdoor use!
· Much Lower Price
ZYLtech’s ABS 3d printer filament is offered at a more affordable price than PLA and PETG so you can print more for less!
· Design Variety
ABS is an altogether different material than PLA and thus has different physical characteristics. ABS colors can reach a more transparent state than PLA. This makes for even more variety and creativity in your 3D print designs!
Zyltech filament is all about reliability. When you need a stronger and more durable functional part, you need to know you are printing with a material you can trust and depend on. ZYLtech’s #1 goal is to provide you with the most reliable and the strongest 3D printer filament at the best price possible.
Zyltech ABS 3D printter filament is meticulously tested for quality and consistency. We use top quality US based raw materials and additives for reliable results time after time. Our 1.75mm ABS filament tolerances of ±.05mm make for steady feed rates and reliable extrusion on both Bowden and Direct Drive setups!
It's important to us here at ZYLtech that all of our 3d printer filaments have consistent and reliable color in each and every roll that comes off the production floor. Our chemist and quality control department work closely to ensure that our formulas produce reliably reproducible results every time.
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Tolerance: ±.05mm
- Density: 1.27 g/cm³
- Appx Length on Spool: 1,635 meters
- Outer Dimension of Spool: 11.5" x 6"
- Inner Hole Diameter: 32mm
- Print Temperature: 240±10°C
- Heated Bed Temp: 110°C
Recommended Build Surface:
- Microporous Coated Glass
- Painters Tape
- Glue Stick or Hairspray on Glass (use caution with adhesives as ABS may adhere very well)
Pro Tips from the ZYLtech Print Lab
Leveling for ABS filament:
- If you use the paper method to level, we usually suggest leveling as you would for PLA then setting a Z offset of +.5-1mm.
ABS does not like to squish.
First Layer Adherence:
- We have found that 0% fan for the first 2 layers gives the best chance to avoid curling/warping.
- ABS 3d printer filament will adhere to itself more efficiently when printed with little to no parts cooling fan. If you are working with fine detail or bridging, you will have to experiment with parts cooling fan settings for best results.
Stringing and retraction:
- You will typically need to increase the retraction distance and retraction speed vs printing with PLA. You will need to experiment with stringing and retraction test models to dial in your machine’s settings.
Why Choose ZYLtech Filament?
- Affordable Quality
- Zyltech strives to provide our customers with the highest quality 3d printer filament at the most affordable price.
- Fast US Based Shipping
- All of your product is packaged and shipped directly to you from our Houston, Tx based facilities.
- Great In House Customer Support
- You'll experience great sales, customer service and technical support directly from our in house team. We're here 5 days a week and are ready to help you any way we can! Product Support
- All of ZYLtech's products are supported by our friendly in-house Houston, Texas based team. If you ever have questions about products or need support on a project, the ZYLtech family is here to help!
- Single Source Manufacturing
- All of ZYLtech's 3d printer filament is sourced from a single manufacturing facility so you can expect consistency and reliability roll after roll.