We've started to make 5 KG Texas Size spool filament in Houston, Texas
Better Quality, Same Price!
Our made in the USA PLA filament features ±0.02mm tolerance and improved winding.
All USA made filament are clearly marked. As our current imported stock is being phased out, we will update other colors to be made in the USA.
Go Texas Size and Save!
Our 5kg Texas size spools will save you around 12% and improve cost effectiveness by about 50% compared with 5 individual spools!
Why ZYLtech PLA 5kg Rolls?
ZYLtech 5kg rolls are ideal for:
- Stress-free Long Prints
- No more worrying about running out of or having to change filament when you’re printing those large format or long print jobs!
- Perfect for bulk or continuous product manufacturing
- Ideal for continuous manufacturing, print farms.
- Waste Reduction
- Reduce Spool waste by over 25% with one 5kg spool vs five 1kg spools.
- Time Efficiency
- Time efficiency is key during production! No more changing out those 1kg spools!
*Utilize our 5kg Spool Holder for smooth and controllable pull from your 5kg Spools.
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Tolerance: ±0.03mm (imported) ±0.02mm (Made in USA)
- Density: 1.27 g/cm³
- Appx Length on Spool: 1,635 meters
- Spool Dimensions:
- Outer Dimension of Spool: 11.5" x 6"
- Inner Hole Diameter: 32mm
- Recommended Temps:
- Print Temperature: 205±10°C
- Recommended Bed Temperature: Not needed, but if printer has heated bed, 40±15 °C
- Recommended Build Surface:
- Microporous Coated Glass
- Painters Tape
- Glue Stick or Hairspray on Glass (use caution with adhesives as PLA may adhere very well)
Pro Tips from the ZYLtech Print Lab:
- Leveling for PLA filament:
- If you use the paper method to level, we usually suggest leveling as you would for PLA then setting a Z offset of +.5-1mm.
- PLA does not like to “squish.”
- First Layer Adherence:
- We have found that 0% fan for the first 2 layers gives the best chance to avoid curling/warping.
- Layer Adhesion:
- PLA 3d printer filament will adhere to itself more efficiently when printed with little to no parts cooling fan. If you are working with fine detail or bridging, you will have to experiment with parts cooling fan settings for best results.
- Stringing and retraction:
- You will typically need to increase the retraction distance and retraction speed vs printing with PLA. You will need to experiment with stringing and retraction test models to dial in your machine’s settings.
Why Choose ZYLtech?
- Affordable Quality
- ZYLtech strives to provide our customers with the highest quality 3d printer filament at the most affordable price.
- Fast US Based Shipping
- All of your products are packaged and shipped directly to you from our facility in Houston, Tx.
- Amazing In House Customer Support
- You'll experience great sales, customer service and technical support directly from our in house team. We truly care about our customers and appreciate each of you! We're here 5 days a week and are ready to help you any way we can!
- All of ZYLtech's products are supported by our friendly, in-house team based in Houston, Tx. If you ever have questions about products or need support on a project, the ZYLtech family is here to help!
- Single Source Manufacturing
- All of ZYLtech's 3d printer filament is sourced from a single manufacturing facility so you can expect consistency and reliability roll after roll.