Upgrade your printer with a high-quality ZYLtech v6 style hotend!
(Also available with an all-metal ZYLtech Extruder here: V6 Style Bowden Hotend 1.75 with Extruder Assembly)
One of the most important parts of getting a good print from your 3D printer is a good quality hotend. At ZYLtech, we go through an extensive testing process for our hotends and nozzles. As you can see from the macro-photograph of the nozzle ends on this page, our nozzles are machined to a very high standard of quality. This will help you get consistent and even extrusion and improve your print quality dramatically over a poorly machined nozzle that may be provided with many low-cost printers. Our hotend cartridge heaters are also tested to ensure they will perform to the expectations we would use on our printers at home.
This hotend comes pre-assembled with:
- ZYLtech's precision-machined 0.4mm brass nozzle
- Solid aluminum heat block; provides even heat distribution through the melt zone
- High-temperature silicone "hot sock" insulates the hotend to help it heat faster and stay hot longer
- 12 volt, 40 watt heater cartridge; gets the hotend up to temperature in as little as 3 minutes
- Cartridge-style 100k ohm thermistor; provides a consistent and accurate temperature reading
- Stainless steel heatbreak; gives a solid structure to attach the heat block to the heat sink
- High quality aluminum heat sink; dissipates heat quickly to keep the filament path cool and prevent jams
- Wrap-around fan mount; directs airflow through the heat sink fins to maximize cooling efficiency
With the purchase of this hotend, ZYLtech also includes:
- 4 extra nozzles (0.2, 0.3, 0.4, and 0.5mm)
- 1 extra heatbreak
- 1 meter of PTFE tubing
- 30x10mm 12v fan with 4pcs m3x14 screws
- While we try to make sure the ends of the PTFE tubing are flat, sometimes we are in a bit of a hurry and get it a little off. Please check that the end of the tube is cut at a flat, 90 degree angle before inserting it into the hotend assembly!
- Although the hotend is pre-assembled, you will still need to tighten the nozzle down after installing the PTFE tube. It is recommended to do this while the hotend is heated to 160-170 degrees C to compensate for thermal expansion.
- Be careful not to over-tighten the hotend assembly, as this may damage the parts!