Similar to all other silk filament, Zyltech multicolor silk filament needs to be printed at higher nozzle temperature and lower speed.
We suggest you start with following settings and adjust them based on your result. It's also a good idea to start with generic silk profile on most slicers.
1. Print speed for perimeters is suggested to be slower than 60 mm/s, slower speed will result in glossy surface finish and stronger layer adhesion. It worth noting, when the parameters are tuned up perfectly, we have no problem getting successful print at 200mm/s.
2. Nozzle temperature. We suggest you start with 220°C. Our multicolor silk filament is best printed between 200-230°C
3. Part cooling. Because multicolor silk filament needs to be printed at higher temperature, it's important to have proper part cooling to avoid surface defects and warping. However, cooling too fast will weaken the layer adhesion. A careful balance is needed for successful print
4. Top and bottom infill patterns: we suggest concentric and monotonic for the most dramatic and beautiful looks
5. Spool and filament positioning: It is very important that the filament is routed to the extruder and hot-end without any twists and kinks, and ideally under constant tension. If the filament rotates, there will be undesired vertical banding.
We currently have 8 dual color silk option
Texas Sky (blue/red) evokes the imagery of the Texas landscape and its renowned wide, blue skies often complemented by vibrant sunsets, which can be represented by the combination of Silk Blue and Silk Red.
Lemonade Breeze (Blue/Yellow) is inspired by refreshing summer beverages, with silk blue representing a cool and refreshing breeze and silk yellow symbolizing the tangy and invigorating flavor of lemonade.
Emerald Waters Blue/Green) is inspired by precious gemstones, with silk blue representing the deep and captivating blue hues of water and silk green adding a touch of vibrant green similar to emerald tones.
Sunset Serenade (Blue/Purple), this color option reminds us of the tranquil and alluring colors of a sunset, with silk blue representing the evening sky and silk purple symbolizing the fading twilight.
Shadow Blade (Silver/Black) conjures imagery of darkness and stealth, which is well-represented by the combination of silk black, suggesting mystery and depth, and silver, which can symbolize a gleaming blade in the shadows.
Exotic Orchid (Purple Red/Dark Green) captures the brilliant beauty of orchid flowers, with silk purple red representing the vivid petals and silk dark green symbolizing the lush leaves, creating a captivating and vibrant pattern.
Aqua Serenity (Dark Blue/Dark Green) creates a sense of calm and tranquility, with silk dark blue representing the vast and serene ocean water and silk dark green adding an element of lush underwater vegetation.
Crimson Noir (Red/Black) This color option highlights the deep and intense shade of silk red, combined with the dark and mysterious charm of silk black, creating a pattern that captures attention and exudes sophistication.
Zyltech filament is all about reliability. When you need a stronger and more durable functional part, you need to know you are printing with a material you can trust and depend on. ZYLtech’s #1 goal is to provide you with the most reliable and the strongest 3D printer filament at the best price possible.
Zyltech dual color 3D printer filament is meticulously tested for quality and consistency. We use top quality US based raw materials and additives for reliable results time after time. Our 1.75mm dual color filament tolerances of ±.03mm make for steady feed rates and reliable extrusion on both Bowden and Direct Drive setups!
It's important to us here at ZYLtech that all of our 3d printer filaments have consistent and reliable color in each and every roll that comes off the production floor. Our chemist and quality control department work closely to ensure that our formulas produce reliably reproducible results every time.
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Tolerance: ±0.03mm
- Density: 1.24 g/cm³
- Appx Length on Spool: 330±5% meters
- Spool Dimensions:
- Outer Dimension of Spool: 200mmx60mm
- Inner Hole Diameter: 52mm
- Recommended Temps:
- Print Temperature: 200-230°C
- Heated Bed Temp: 50-70°C
- Recommended Build Surface:
- Microporous Coated Glass
- Painters Tape
- Glue Stick or Hairspray on Glass
Why Choose ZYLtech?
- Affordable Quality
- ZYLtech strives to provide our customers with the highest quality 3d printer filament at the most affordable price.
- Fast US Based Shipping
- All of your products are packaged and shipped directly to you from our facility in Houston, Tx.
- Amazing In House Customer Support
- You'll experience great sales, customer service and technical support directly from our in house team. We truly care about our customers and appreciate each of you! We're here 5 days a week and are ready to help you any way we can!
- All of ZYLtech's products are supported by our friendly, in-house team based in Houston, Tx. If you ever have questions about products or need support on a project, the ZYLtech family is here to help!
- Single Source Manufacturing
- All of ZYLtech's 3d printer filament is sourced from a single manufacturing facility so you can expect consistency and reliability roll after roll.